Wednesday, September 1, 2010

For the going and coming

Little by little a dream uncurls like a slinky on a really hot day. But if only things were so easy. It's more like a hammering of a very hard piece of metal or a marathon of a thousand miles, where I only want to finish not to come first place.

I come as quiet sullen young man with an elusive smile and many deep thoughts. Joy is like humming a secret song of hope yes.

Trying your best and failing is no crime, but failing to give someone a chance to try is. I am thankful for those who believe in me even though they haven't seen what I am capable of yet.

How can I explain how frustrating and hopeless and helpless it is when you can't say what you want when you want and experience the aftermath of unalterable presumptions of only a stupid boy that should be pitied.

I hope to challenge such presumptions to a duel to the death, by choosing to push my limits and shock people about what they think autism is.

So, here is my coming and going. Farewell.
The bold one-eyed pirate.

3 comments:

  1. I have never met you but it is an honour to read what you write. You can teach the rest of us so much. I look forward to reading more of your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Little by little a dream uncurls like a slinky on a really hot day"
    I love this line!! these words are perfect together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Joshie! its Jade from church :D i had a chance to read some of your blog posts and I think they're brilliant! you've got such a unique understanding of people, relationships, community and the world. I really enjoyed reading this post and I'm definitely going to be reading the ones after this one! :D

    its awesome being in your cell group :D

    ReplyDelete